American Express’s premium cards come with many rewardsRead on to learn more about what is Centurion Lounges offer by American Express and how you may gain access to them if the idea appeals to you. However, some American Express cards offer airport lounge access as one of the most tangible bonuses.
Also, the Centurion Lounges that are part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection are some of the most prestigious locations in the world.
What Is Centurion Lounges?
Compared to standard airport lounges, Centurion Lounges excels in several ways. Centurion Lounges, for instance, generally feature seasonal fare conceived by illustrious local chefs, signature cocktails (sometimes unique to the venue), premium spirits, and carefully chosen wine lists.
Spa treatments, wine tastings, and kid-friendly spaces may even be available at certain Centurion Lounges. The best part is that these benefits are offered at no cost to those who qualify and use their cards.
However, like everything in the COVID-19 period, it is wise to call ahead and make sure that the services you intend to use will be available during your stay.
For Entry To A Centurion Lounge, What Do I Need To Do?
You’ll need a valid photo ID, your boarding permit for the same day’s journey, and a credit card that fits the criteria to gain entry. Any additional guests after that will be charged $50 per person. Carriers with pets are permitted, assistance animals on leashes or harnesses are welcome, and some lounges may allow emotional support animals.
It’s no surprise that the yearly costs for the other AmEx cards that grant admission to the Centurion Lounge are far higher than those for the Centurion® Card. Some of them are:
- The American Express Platinum Card® comes with the following welcome offer in exchange for a $695 annual fee: Spend $6,000 on your new Card within the first six months of Card Membership and get 80,000 Membership Rewards® points. There are fees.
- An annual $695 is charged for the American Express Business Platinum Card®. Here is its exclusive offer: Spend $15,000 on your new Business Platinum Card within the first three months of Card Membership and get 120,000 Membership Rewards® points. There are fees.
- Costing $395 yearly, the American Express Corporate Platinum Card is a luxury item for businesses.
- This is the welcome offer for the $550 annual fee Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: Spend $5,000 in the first six months and get 50,000 extra miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). There are fees.
- You can get the following sign-up bonus with the $550 annual fee Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card: Spend $4,000 on your new Card during the first three months, and you’ll be rewarded with 60,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). There are fees.
- Remember that AmEx’s guest policy will shift on February 1, 2023. Guests of American Express Platinum and Business Platinum cardholders will be charged $50 per adult and $30 per child (2-17) unless the cardholder spends $75,000 during the calendar year 2022. You can bring two guests at no cost if the minimum is reached.
Also Read: Centurion Lounge In Atlanta (Detailed Review)
Where Is The Centurion Lounge Located?
Gourmet snacks, a premium bar, free high-speed Wi-Fi, charging stations, giant flat-screen TVs, and attentive staff are standard in every Centurion Lounge. Extras, like as hot meals, are available in some lounges.
Almost two dozen airports worldwide have Centurion Lounges exclusively for Centurion members. However, other Centurion Lounges are set to open in Washington, DC, and Atlanta, and AmEx operates ten other lounges dubbed Escape Lounges worldwide that offer comparable facilities.
Information on Centurion Lounges is provided below. Some lounges are closed as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. Please find the lounge’s regular hours of operation here and a notice for when it plans to reopen, if applicable.
List of Centurion Lounges in the United States
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) (SEA). Location: Gate B3 on Concourse B. Service from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mini-fridges, a high-end bar, and private bathrooms with showers.
- A San Francisco (SFO). Location: T3 next to Gate 74. Fresh seasonal fare, a family room, a wine-tasting area, and private shower rooms are available between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Specifically, the city of Las Vegas (LAS). Airport Terminal D, Across from Gate D1. Open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Meals prepared with ingredients at their peak of freshness, a family area, a meeting room, and private bathrooms.
- Ft. Worth, Dallas (DFW). Near Gate 12 at Terminal D. It’s open from 5:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Spa, family suites with bathrooms, meeting rooms, and a menu based on the seasons’ freshest ingredients.
- Houston (IAH) (IAH). At Gate D6 in Terminal D, you can take the elevators up to the main level. It’s open from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. A new wellness facility, designed in collaboration with the meditation and relaxation app Calm, debuted in January 2022. It features locally-inspired cuisine, a family room, and shower suites. The wellness space is stocked with Calm-based media, healthy refreshments, and relaxing lounge chairs with blankets for guests’ necks.
- Miami (MIA) (MIA). Terminal D, level 4, close to Gate D12. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Spa, family room, private bathrooms, and seasonal, locally sourced meals.
- Philadelphia (PHL) (PHL). West of Terminal A, close to Gate A14. Open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., dishes and amenities pay homage to the region you are in.
- Airport Code: LGA (LGA). The third floor of Terminal B, outside of security. Time of operation is between 5:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Open from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (GMT -02:30) Sunday through Friday. Saturday. Delicious dishes are prepared using ingredients at their peak freshness in the appropriate season.
- A Los Angeles (LAX). A terminal called TBIT can be reached from the other airports (4, 5, 6, 7, or 8). The lounge is on the second floor and is accessible between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Phoenix (PHX) (PHX). Gate B22 is located on the upper level of Terminal 4, opposite Terminal 3. There’s a nine-to-five time frame during which you can visit.
- Charlotte (CLT) (CLT). Near the crossroads of Concourses D and E. Guests, the mezzanine level can use the lounge from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday, airside near all airport gates.
- Airport Code: NewYork-JFK (JFK). The Terminal 4 lounge is accessible between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. EDT. More than 15,000 square feet are spread across two stories and six separate rooms, each named after a different New York City landmark or era of interior design.
- Denver (DEN) (DEN). The lounge is situated on the mezzanine level of Concourse C, past security, and is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. The lounge is accessible via a train from Concourse C, so passengers from Concourses A, B, and C can use it. There are more than 14,000 square feet of lounge space here. There’s a Craft Beer Bar, an Italian-inspired meal made with regional ingredients, and Rocky Mountain-themed decor.
Also Read: JFK Airport Lounges (Complete Directory Of JFK Airport Lounges)
Inviting Visitors Into An American Express Centurion Lounge
Access to Centurion Lounges for cardholders and up to two guests is complimentary for eligible American Express cardholders through January 31, 2023. Delta SkyMiles® cardholders who meet the eligibility requirements may invite two guests into the lounge for $50 per guest per visit (or the equivalent rate for overseas lounges).
The American Express cardholder loyalty program members who need additional guest credentials may purchase them at the event for a fee. A day passes for an extra traveler is $50 (or the equivalent in local currency for overseas lounges). The only way for non-cardholders to access lounges is with an eligible cardholder. Cardholders can bring children under two into Amex Centurion Lounges with a lap infant boarding pass or other proof of age.
Also Read: How To Access The Centurion Lounge In 2023
The Centurion Lounge is pleasant, rarely busy, and has all the standard amenities in American Express lounges worldwide. The current situation at Delhi Airport is that only American Express cardholders can access a lounge. We hope that you understand what is Centurion Lounge and enjoyed reading this article.