Project to help unemployed travel industry professionals
April 19, 2009, RADNOR, PA--Business Travel Coalition (BTC) today announced tVillage Talent Connections, created in February, is now opened up for all travel industry participants. Previously, the LinkedIn-based site was private, invitation-only and exclusively for unemployed, about-to-be-unemployed or underemployed colleagues in all travel and tourism industry segments from around the world. This non-commercial site was designed for support and networking purposes to enable members to help one another through this very rough patch for the travel industry and its practitioners.
When announced in February, BTC invited suppliers, vendors, media outlets and other industry leaders to become involved with this project and add resources in support of those who have contributed so much to our industry, in this, their greatest hour of need. BTC decided to open up the membership because so many employers, executive search firms and currently employed travel professionals wanted direct access to the site to be helpful with job postings, tips, leads and other free resources.
BTC chairman Kevin Mitchell stated, “tVillage Talent Connections can be thought of as an ‘open platform.’ If your organization has a free, value-added service to contribute to colleagues in need, please offer it up and we will plug it in and promote it. Or, if you are gainfully employed but hear of a job opening or consulting opportunity, post it on tVillage Talent Connections.”
tVillage members are able to:
(1) post resumes for employers and executive search firms to review at http://tinyurl.com/dd7o4w;
(2) share job leads that they may not be interested in, qualified for or geographically near;
(3) provide letters of recommendation where appropriate;
(4) share insights about industry segments that other members may be interested in exploring;
(5) share contacts and make introductions;
(6) help critique resumes;
(7) post travel industry-related employment information;
(8) offer general advice; and
(9) provide moral support to one another.
tVillage Talent Connections:http://tinyurl.com/c6aeh2